Sunday, March 20, 2011

"...something old and something new."

Lately I have been taking up some old and new projects (etc.).
I have been opening my arms to new things in everything. I have been trying new ways to do my hair. I have tried french-braids, and cool clips, barrettes, and buns. I have been trying new sports too. Like soccer, I used to hate to play it, but I thought that it would be a good idea to try it again, and look at me now! I love to play! The same with soft-ball. When I heard that our PE group was starting up soft-ball, I was sure that I wouldn't like it, and I was most determined not to play, but I gave it a try, and I LOVE it! :)
I also have been expanding my reading. I am including Jane Austen's novels to my "Books I have read" list. I think that my favorite one would have to be Pride and Prejudice. I really like Mansfield Park and Northanger Abbey too.

As for the old things that I can never forget.
I have taken up crocheting again. I have been trying new patterns, and making up my own. I currently have a pattern in my head for a purse that I am going to try to make.
I have been thinking of taking sewing up again too. I seen a girl with the cutest dress, and I have been wanting to make one like it.
And last but not least, my piano. Oh,how I have missed you. I never knew how very much until I started playing you again. I am trying new songs, and re-learning old ones. And I am loving every minute I have with you.

So hello new ideas! And welcome back old friends...how I have missed you.

1 comment:

  1. How nice! Good luck to you! It is always nice getting inspiration. I can't wait to see (and hear) all that you have done. I would also have to say that Pride and Prejudice and Mansfield Park were my favorites! :) Here is for trying new things (and not forgetting all the others)! :)

    ReplyDelete