Monday, April 25, 2011

Well as I was too late getting on here to wish all my (5) readers a Happy Easter, I will wish you a Happy Poetry month instead. I recently found that April is National Poetry month! I think that it is so cool that we have a whole month dedicated to poetry, when some say that it is a dying art. I find it very hard to believe, that after years of men and women writing outstanding poetry, with thoughts from the depths of their souls, that we could suddenly just lose interest in the art. I find that very sad and hard to believe, and as long as I am alive, no matter how out-dated poetry becomes, I will continue to write it. (not that I am any good but still) And I do know that there are people who still love poetry, and read, and write it fluently, and after all, they have a much greater treasure than some of the richest people in the world: the treasure of knowledge.

3 comments:

  1. Aaww! Thanks my reader! ;) It is rather sad. I think it would be so cool to write poetry, but I lack in the part that makes it all flowy. I also lack in the part where it is cool. I also lack where it makes any sense. I lack....well sheesh! No wonder it is a dying art! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed reading this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who knows? You could become one of the next poets people will study years down the road. :) Keep up the passion and maybe you'll help it to spread!

    ReplyDelete